Policies and Guidelines
The OceaniaGenWeb Project maintains very high standards in page creation, site management, and overall quality of presentation for all associated project pages. The OceaniaGenWeb Project encourages freedom of expression, national cultural uniqueness and individual creativity by project hosts in the actual design of their pages. Certain elements are required, however, to help maintain the cohesiveness of the project.
- All OceaniaGenWeb Project sites share the same alpha-pneumonic name and all projects must conform to this standard. Example of project names are: AustraliaGenWeb Project or MicronesiaGenWeb Project.
- All OceaniaGenWeb Project websites must contain the WorldGenWeb Logo with a link to The WorldGenWeb Project. Logos may be found at http://www.worldgenweb.org/index.php/component/content/article/25-the-project/63-worldgenweb-logos. The Logo/Link is only required on the main page for the website.
- Country and state/county websites must contain a link to The OceaniaGenWeb Project website located at http://oceaniagenweb.org The Logo/Link is only required on the main page for the website.
- State/County websites must contain a link to the Country website. The country host may require the use of a logo.
- Non-Commercial Status: The OceaniaGenWeb Project is a non-commercial entity. The OceaniaGenWeb Project is dedicated to the concept of free exchange of public-domain records via the internet.
- Copyright: The OceaniaGenWeb Project encourages the collection and publication of non-copyrighted materials online by hosts. The OceaniaGenWeb Project will not pay royalties to any organization or institution. Therefore, we stipulate that all materials placed online at any project website be free from copyright infringement.
- Privacy Rights of Individuals: The OceaniaGenWeb project encourages the submission of genealogical data to all project websites.
- The OceaniaGenWeb Project endeavors to maintain that all materials collected through associated project websites will not be distributed commercially. Country coordinators and project volunteers work on the honor system and we "assume" that materials placed online are free from any copyright infringement and that they will not be sold or republished in any form.
- Each Country and State/County coordinator is required to maintain a method for researchers to submit queries. The OceaniaGenWeb Project has established a DataBoards system to fullfill the need for a query system for each of the countries. The coordinator may choose to administrate a query page/bulletin board system or they may choose to provide a link to an existing message board related to their region.
Disclaimer: The OceaniaGenWeb project does not guarantee the authenticity or source of any collected material place online at project websites and is to be held free from any and all liabilities based on such materials. The OceaniaGenWeb will remove any materials found to be in violation of all U.S. Copy Right Laws and statutes.
Last updated 13 January 2012.